We partner with our local school districts and community organizations to provide prevention education and access to resources to our youth. We have a variety of options to choose from for presentations to meet each school and organizations individual needs.
We offer prevention education on the following:
- Traditional Tobacco products
- Electronic Nicotine Devices (ENDs) / Vaping
- Prescription Drugs
- Underage Drinking
- Mental Health
- Harm Reduction / Naloxone education
We partner with our local school districts to provide prevention education and resources centered around tobacco/vaping, opioids, stimulants, underage drinking, marijuana, and mental health.
Similar to what we provide to the youth in our community, we provide prevention education and resources to our parents, guardians, and caregivers. We believe there is empowerment through knowledge. In order for our youth to make healthy and safe choices, we also must provide tools to our adults to be able to answer those difficult questions. We speak to various parent groups, at family nights, and even have tables with information and free prescription medication lockboxes at after school events during the school year.
We enjoy every opportunity we get to reach both youth and adults in our community.
Like what we do for the youth in our community, we provide education and resources to our parents. We do this through PTO meetings, being at athletic events, and speaking at Parent Nights hosted through our local schools. We want to empower parents with knowledge to be able to have those often-difficult conversations.
We are honored to have many community partners within Williamson County. Our prevention work to both youth and adults is essential, and these partners all play a huge role in us achieving our goal for a health drug-free community.
We thank you for your continued partnership!
- Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- United Way of Greater Nashville
- Regional Overdose Prevention Specialist (ROPS)
- Williamson County Health Department & Williamson County Health Council
- Healing Housing
- Williamson County Juvenile Court
- Tennessee Department of Children’s Services
- Williamson County Schools & Franklin Special School District & Coordinated School Health
- Students Taking A Right Stand (STARS)
- Local law enforcement and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to provide Drug Take Back Events
- Franklin Tomorrow
- Franklin Housing Authority
- TN Together Student Survey
We are honored to be partners with several local agencies. Our prevention work within our community is essential, and they all play a huge role in our community’s health and wellness. We work with local law enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration to provide Drug Take Back Events where expired and unused medication is collected and disposed of.
We work closely with the Williamson County Health Council, and proudly work with them to complete and implement our Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). Local school districts and STARS Youth Group – athletic events.
We partner with local community agencies, organizations, and school districts to provide prevention education to prevent the onset and reduce the progression of substance misuse of our youth all the way to our young adults in Williamson County, Tennessee. We also recognize that education older adults is equally important and vital to our prevention efforts.